Consistent attendance is essential in order to maintain a high quality musical experience for everyone. Absences are detrimental to the orchestra's progress and counterproductive to each member's personal development. It is each musician's responsibility to set priorities for his or her participation with regard to other schedules. Please review the schedule for possible conflicts. Each musician is strongly urged not to miss any rehearsal except in the most pressing circumstance.
- Rehearsals start promptly at the time indicated on the schedule. Musicians should arrive at the rehearsal space no later than 15 minutes prior to the start of each rehearsal for tune-up.
- Arriving late by more than 30 minutes constitutes a 1/2 absence.
- Leaving early by more than 30 minutes constitutes a 1/2 absence.
- Attendance at the last rehearsal before a concert is mandatory. You will not be allowed to participate in the concert without attending this rehearsal.
- UNEXCUSED ABSENCE - ECYS was not notified 24 hours in advance.
- EXCUSED ABSENCE - ECYS was notified 24+ hours in advanced by calling: 619.444.0228.
- Dismissal from the program will result from the following:
1. Third unexcused absence.
2. Fifth absence of any type.
Ladies: Solid black top (three-quarter sleeves or longer, non-sequined) with long (12"+ below the knee) black skirt, black dress slacks or long black dress, skin-matching color stockings and black closed-toe shoes. No short-sleeved or sleeveless tops. No high heels. No flashy or dangling jewelry.
Gentlemen: Black or white dress shirt and black dress pants. Solid black dress shoes and black socks. Black bow tie. Black solid jacket is recommended but not required.
Productive rehearsals and concerts require each and every player’s attendance and full participation. We believe that the difference between a good performance and a great one lies in the commitment of every single member to attendance, preparedness, and excellence. All musicians are required to do the following: